To provide support to the Administrative Services team by working to support and improve operational efficiency, assist the Information Management department, perform administrative functions for P&N employees, and ensure all clients and employees have a positive impression of the company.
- Pleasantly answer and direct incoming phone calls to the appropriate person.
- Greet and direct visitors; offer each coffee, tea, or water.
- Schedule conference rooms for meetings and presentations, set up for meetings, and clean up rooms following them as needed.
- Assist with ordering, setting up, and cleaning up employee and client lunches.
- Keep kitchenette, conference rooms, shared spaces and lobby tidy.
- Assist the Lead Administrative Assistant with typing, copying, assembling documents for employees, and updating Plan Holders lists as needed.
- Routinely travel to P&N Holland and Muskegon branch offices to provide administrative support for part or full workday as directed by the Administrative Services Manager.
- Order office and break room supplies, organize office supply inventory, and maintain relationship with Integrity and Aramark salespersons.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail. Receive, sign for, and deliver incoming packages. Prepare UPS packages for pick-up. Package, address, meter, and drop-off mail at post-office at the end of the workday as needed.
- Assist Administrative Services Manager with facilities projects as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
- Maintain working knowledge of all P&N standard documents and filing procedures and oversee their proper use by P&N employees. Educate and communicate to employees about all P&N information systems, processes, and standards.
- Scan paper documents to electronic filing system with excellent attention to detail and consistency. Assist in larger client scanning projects as needed.
- Assist Information Management & Administrative Coordinator with managing the Project Life Cycle through the Quarterly Project Completion & Review Process, Annual Barcode Inventory of paper project folders, and Annual File Purging of paper and electronic Project files by identifying content to destroy and/or scan based on P&N Permanent Document Retention Policy.
- Register new Projects, assign Project Numbers, track and enter data for annual Reoccurring Project Numbers, and create paper folder labels and electronic folders via ProjectCentral database.
- Maintain routine Project filing in the Grand Rapids office. Ensure adequate supplies for filing requirements. Provide oversight for proper electronic project records filing, working to promote colleagues’ awareness of and adherence to P&N filing system.
- Assist with managing company Plan Room memberships, including client correspondence, tracking incoming checks, and selling plans and specifications.
Working Conditions and Environment
The Administrative & Information Management Assistant works almost exclusively in an office environment. They will routinely travel between Prein&Newhof Offices using their personal vehicle, being reimbursed for business miles. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. They must frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal skills, and phone skills.
- Strong and consistent attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational abilities.
- Able to frequently reprioritize tasks.
- Capable and interested in working as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong writing and grammar skills.
- Understanding of engineering terminology.
- Prior use of a multi-use phone system.
- Prior experience in office administration and records management.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Related experience
- Associates Degree or higher in Information Management, Administrative Services, or related field
- 3+ years of progressively responsible related experience