We are looking to hire an experienced civil engineer to support our municipal engineering business. Job responsibilities include report writing, design engineering, construction engineering, client coordination for municipal clients, and preparation of workload forecast for staff.
With assistance or direction from Project Engineers and Team Leaders, provide timely,
accurate, and cost efficient municipal design and/or construction engineering services.
- Design construction plans.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to assist in the planning of projects.
- Prepare reports based on data collected.
- Correspond with clients as necessary via phone, email, mail.
- Prepare project cost estimates, bid documents, and specifications for projects.
- Apply for permits.
- Visit construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract document.
- Coordinate testing, surveying, inspection, CADD, and administrative support.
- Attend client meetings; prepare meeting minutes.
- Perform occasional CADD work.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Design Engineers work both in the office and out in the field. There is a moderate amount of travel to and from job sites. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. He/she must frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds or more.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Passing Fundamentals of Engineering Exam results
- 3–5 years of progressive responsible experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) License