We are looking to hire an experienced civil engineer to support growth in our wastewater treatment engineering business. Job responsibilities include: project development, project management, field investigations, design engineering, construction engineering, client management, and business development for wastewater treatment projects.
To coordinate each aspect of an engineering project, ensuring that all persons involved in the
project provide high-quality service to our clients.
- Assume control of work-in-process, including ensuring accurate client billings,
monitoring outstanding accounts receivable and coordinating the timely completion
- Mentor less experienced staff; motivate and encourage staff career development.
- Prepare forecast of workload for assigned staff.
- Complete detail designs resulting in project plans and specifications.
- Prepare proposals.
- Attend client meetings; provide engineering input at public meetings.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, aerial photographs, system
hydraulics, biological processes, and other data to plan and design projects.
- Evaluate and prepare detail designs for water and waste water treatment and
- Direct CADD Operators/ GIS Technicians to convert designs to working drawings.
- Visit construction site regularly to monitor progress and other duties per the contract
- Conduct feasibility and reliability studies for the preparation of project cost
Working Conditions and Environment
The Project Manager works both in the office and out in the field. He/she must
frequently travel to worksites. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to
loud. He/she must frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to apply HEC-RAS, SWMM, and Cybernet as tools in the evaluation of data.
- Biological modeling, IPP, MAHL.
- Client Management and Business Development.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or related field and Professional Engineer’s
10 years of progressively responsible experience in wastewater treatment and
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of Michigan or have the ability to become registered within 12 months
- Work experience should include: biological modeling, IPP, MAHL, design engineering, construction phase engineering, construction observation, client management, and business development
- Masters degree in Civil Engineering or related field and Professional Engineer’s
- 15 years of progressively responsible experience in wastewater treatment and
- Experience in the State of Michigan is preferred.