Grand Rapids, Muskegon, or Kalamazoo office – We are looking for a candidate who can perform and assist in construction observation, materials testing, and construction staking.
- Must obtain measurements and report progress information on Daily Report.
- Perform on-site testing when needed.
- Must be able to read and understand construction plans, blueprints, and maps.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the plans and specifications for the job to be inspected.
- Check materials before and during installation.
- Point out potential problems to the contractor and project engineer and keep project engineer and supervisor informed of progress of project.
- Must be able to follow and carry out specific instructions on an independent basis.
- Answer questions and concerns from residents.
- Must have basic math skills to compute quantities and costs when requested.
- Must be able to interpret and implement company mandated safety policies.
- File and index jobs once complete.
- Other duties as needed.
Working Conditions and Environment
The Construction Observation Intern works primarily in the field. There is a considerable amount of travel to and from job sites. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand up for eight hours or more at a time, walk in rugged conditions, and work in adverse weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. He/she must regularly lift up to 25 pounds, frequently lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally team lift up to 100 pounds or more.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Relevant work experience.