Grand Rapids, Cadillac, & Traverse City Offices — We are looking for someone to provide high-quality engineering services for our clients while supporting the Design Engineer, Project Manager and/or Client Manager.
- Perform design of portions of non-routine projects or entire routine projects under direction of Project Engineer.
- Assist in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs to plan and design projects.
- Assist in the preparation of reports based on data collected.
- Attend client meetings; prepare meeting minutes.
- Visit construction site, or consistently observe construction of projects to monitor progress and other duties per the contract document.
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Apply for permits.
- Perform occasional survey work.
- Perform occasional CADD work.
- Place and remove flow meters in the field.
- Perform other office duties as needed.
Working Conditions and Environment
- EITs work both in the office and out in the field. There is a moderate amount of travel to and from job sites. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- He/she must frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds or more.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Passing grade on NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
- Area of Civil Engineering Course Concentration:
- Water/Wastewater Treatment
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field