To provide support to the Administrative Services team by working to improve operational efficiency and company record systems, performing administrative functions for P&N employees, and ensuring all clients and employees have a positive impression of the company.
- Maintain working knowledge of all P&N standard documents and filing procedures and oversee their proper use by P&N employees. Educate and communicate to employees about all P&N information systems, processes, and standards.
- Register new Projects, assign Project Numbers, track and enter data for annual Reoccurring Project Numbers, and create paper folder labels and electronic folders via ProjectCentral
- Maintain routine Project filing in the Grand Rapids office. Ensure proper operation of motorized filing unit and adequate supplies for filing requirements.
- Scan paper documents to electronic filing system with excellent attention to detail and consistency. Assist in larger client scanning projects as needed.
- Manage the Project life cycle through the Quarterly Project Completion & Review Process, Annual Barcode Inventory of paper Project files, and Annual File Purging of paper and electronic Project files by identifying content to destroy and/or scan based on P&N Permanent Document Retention Policy.
- Assist with managing company Plan Room memberships, including client correspondence, tracking incoming checks, and selling plans and specifications.
- Assist in maintaining corporate contacts in Unanet/Cosential and complete a weekly contact data sync with Microsoft
- Collaborate with Administrative Services Manager concerning ProjectCentral modifications. Identify gaps and errors in existing data to propose and implement solutions.
- Help to implement and promote information management improvements throughout the company — document imaging, business records filing system, centralized company database, historic records, etc.
- Pleasantly answer and direct incoming phone calls to the appropriate person.
- Greet and direct visitors; offer each coffee, tea, or water.
- Schedule conference rooms for meetings and PNU presentations, set up for meetings, and clean up rooms following them as needed.
- Assist with ordering and serving employee and client lunches.
- Assist the Corporate Document Specialist with typing, copying, assembling documents for employees, and updating Plan Holders lists as needed.
- Occasionally travel to P&N branch offices to provide administrative support for part or full workday as directed by Administrative Services Manager.
- Order office and break room supplies, organize office supply inventory, and maintain relationship with Integrity and Aramark salespersons.
- Keep kitchenette, conference rooms, and lobby tidy.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail. Receive, sign for, and deliver incoming packages. Prepare UPS packages for pick-up. Package, address, meter, and drop-off mail at post-office at the end of the workday as needed.
- Assist Administrative Services Manager with facilities/marketing projects as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
Working Conditions and Environment
The Information Management & Administrative Assistant works almost exclusively in an office environment. On occasion, they may travel between Prein&Newhof Offices using personal vehicle. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. They must frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal skills, and phone skills.
- Strong and consistent attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational abilities.
- Able to frequently reprioritize tasks.
- Capable and interested in working as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong writing and grammar skills.
- Understanding of engineering terminology.
- Prior use of a multi-use phone system.
- Prior experience in records management.
Education and Experience
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED and related experience.
- Preferred: Associates Degree or higher in Information Management, Administrative Services, or related field.