Grand Rapids Office — We are looking for someone who can assist with maintaining the financial records and accounts of Prein&Newhof by performing delegated regular duties and responsibilities.
- Data entry – invoices, mileage, equipment charges
- Filing – employee expense reports, paid invoices, mileage logs, agreements
- Laboratory client invoicing
- Run various reports – Aging reports, project closings, past due reports, employee utilization reports
- Daily deposits
- Process credit card payments
- Other duties as may be assigned by accounting staff or Business Manager.
- Back up administrative staff when necessary (occasional).
- Maintain filing system (occasional).
This is a part-time position of at least 24 hours per week with the potential for 32 hours. A work schedule should be set with accounting staff and maintained consistently to ensure workloads are met and oversight is maintained.
Working Conditions and Environment
The Accountant works almost exclusively in the office. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. He/she must frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs.
- Extremely attentive to details.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and competing deadlines.
- Comfortable with electronic and in-person communication.
Education and Experience
- Minimum: Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Preferred: Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 2 years of experience.