City of Muskegon Heights Water Service Replacement Permission
Permission is subject to the following conditions:
1. Where investigation indicates that lead or galvanized previously connected to lead materials are
present, they will be replaced with new water service materials.
2. All turf areas disturbed during the replacement of the water service line will be restored with top
soil and seed as soon as practicable and in accordance with Soil Erosion and Sedimentation
Control practices. Pavement areas disturbed during the water service line replacement will be
replaced with similar pavement surfaces (i.e. concrete with concrete, asphalt with asphalt, etc.)
The City of Muskegon Heights will not be responsible for any damage to trees or landscaping
affected by the replacement of the service line.
3. Pipes beyond 18 inches inside the wall or beyond the first valve inside the wall will not be
replaced by the City of Muskegon Heights (not including the water meter).
4. The property owner will continue to be the owner of the water service materials being replaced
by the City of Muskegon Heights and shall continue to be the owner and responsible party for the
water service materials beyond the curb stop valve near the property line outside the building.
5. The cost of replacing the lead or galvanized pipe from the main to 18” inside the building and
previously connected to lead pipe will be the responsibility of the City of Muskegon Heights.
6. The permissive rights set forth herein shall start as of the date the property occupant signs the
release and shall terminate on the date the workers complete the work described but no later than
November 3, 2023.
In consideration of the City of Muskegon Heights’s efforts to remove the lead or galvanized pipes
previously connected to lead water service lines, the undersigned hereby give permission to the City
of Muskegon Heights and/or its officials, employees, or contractors to excavate, investigate, and
replace lead or galvanized pipes previously connected to lead on the property described below.
This instrument contains the entire permit agreement. No other promises have been made except as shown herein.
This property is described as Tax ID Number:
Tax ID Number
And the street address is:
Number and Street Name
Contact Information for Scheduling