Townships govern 96% of Michigan outside of cities, and are a unique type of community. We want you to have an engineer that cares about yours as much as you do.
Prein&Newhof currently represents 45 Michigan Townships as Township Engineer. Another 40 Townships use our services on a project-by-project basis. No other Michigan engineering firm comes close to that level of Township engineering experience and expertise.
Township Engineering is the largest practice sector in our firm. We currently have 20 licensed professional engineers in our firm whose focus is Township Engineering. With this type of critical mass in one practice area, we are able to serve all of our Township clients better, more effectively and efficiently. Whether it’s a specialized technical issue or helping a client find grants, having access to this much brainpower is a critical asset we offer to the benefit of our clients.
Our township engineers are supported by a talented cast of other civil engineers, scientists, and professionals who specialize in water and wastewater treatment, environmental engineering, airport design, soils, geology, drinking water wells, GIS, surveying, structural engineering, road design, site design, non-motorized trails, tax mapping, and dams.
Prein&Newhof offers a full range of Township Engineering services:
- Master planning and design for utilities, trails, and roads.
- Intergovernmental utility negotiations.
- Utility rate studies and development of rate-setting formulas and methodologies.
- Water treatment, storage and distribution.
- Wastewater collection and treatment.
- Stormwater management and drainage reviews.
- Site plan reviews for commercial and residential developments.
- Design of parks and recreational facilities
- Funding assistance and Special Assessment Districts.