You may have noticed a little bit of activity on Lakeshore Drive this week. There is work being done by the Contractor to complete the punch-list of outstanding work items so this project can be finalized.
Work going on now:
- The removal and replacement of some concrete and the completion of a few areas around utility poles that could not be completed last fall.
- Some of the asphalt work done last fall will also be replaced. The most prominent area is the north side of Estes and Lakeshore Drive (entrance to ferry and gravel dock).
- Restoration work will also be ongoing to fill in where the grass has not grown very well and to fill in any areas that may have settled or washed out.
- The walls have been completed and some caulking of joints are being done now.
- You likely noticed the street lights going on and off on the west end of the project. We believe we have worked out those faults and kinks and it is our understanding that the lighting is working for the entire project.
- Some remaining trees that were not planted last fall are being installed now.
- Irrigation that was damaged will be restored. Since these systems are starting to go back online with the warmer weather, please let us know as soon as possible any areas that are damaged. If you could ‘flag’ or mark any damaged areas that need restored, that would be helpful. We do have a list of known damaged irrigation systems, but don’t hesitate to reach out to me to let me know if you are on the list or not.
- The permanent pavement markings will be installed. The lines that were done last year were temporary. We are aware that they have worn off. The new pavement markings will be recessed into the pavement. The pavement will need to be ground down so the paint can be placed just below the surface. This process should take place before Memorial Day, or at least before June 1.
- The lines for the parking spots will be painted this Saturday, May 9, 2020. Therefore, temporary NO PARKING signs will be installed and enforced for the on street parking areas so that these markings can get installed properly. The pavement marking subcontractor will also install the arrows in the center turn lane and the stop bars at the side streets which will all be recessed. The markings for the parking areas will NOT be recessed.
The goal is to complete all of this punch-list work over the next few weeks, so please let us know if there are any other areas of concern.
Thank you again for your patience on this important project. Stay safe!