Big changes are happening on Phase 2 of the Peck Street project. The underground utility work has been completed, gravel has been spread over the entire roadway, and concrete improvements are beginning today!
Work Completed This Week
- The storm sewer catch basin leads at Larch Avenue and Dale Avenue were installed.
- Aggregate base was installed on Peck Street from Laketon Avenue to Southern Avenue.
- The new water main was tied in at Larch Avenue and is now fully tied into the water system.
- P.K. Contracting finished installing the pavement markings on Phase 1.
- Concrete curb and gutter installation began today (Friday, July 23).
Anticipated Work Next Week
- Concrete curb and gutter will continue to be installed followed by driveway approaches and sidewalk. Access to driveways on Peck Street will be temporarily restricted to residents and businesses until the curb and approaches are installed and the concrete is given enough time to cure (3-5 days after installation). Street parking will be available along the side streets during this time. We appreciate your patience while the Contractor works to regain access to residents as soon as possible.
- Aggregate base will be installed on Dale Avenue between Peck Street and Clinton Street tomorrow (Saturday, July 24).
- Fine grading of the aggregate base may begin toward the end of the week.
Kamminga & Roodvoets plans to work on Saturday, July 24.