Water Service Replacements
To connect new water main to existing water mains, temporary water shutdowns will be required. We will provide advance notice prior to shutdowns, and shutdowns will be as short as possible.
Existing water service lines (the connection to your home) within the project will be replaced. If the material of the water service has a lead gooseneck or galvanized steel, the entire water service will be replaced — from the water main in the street all the way to inside the home — at NO COST TO THE RESIDENT.
To allow this work, a permission form needs to be signed for each address getting their water service replaced. Please see here for the form. Once completed, please email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may take a picture of the form and text it to Dan Sorek at (616) 218-2940.
We are seeking contact information for scheduling these water services in a very tight time frame. Failure to allow access inside the home to replace the water service into the home will jeopardize the ability for the City of Muskegon Heights to continue providing water service to the home or property.
Additional Information for Water Service Replacements: From the State of Michigan: How This Construction Activity Could Affect the Quality of Your Drinking Water
After Your Water Service is Replaced: Water Service Flushing Recommendations
Customers adjacent to the construction area may have their water service interrupted temporarily while the Contractor replaces their service. The Contractor will coordinate with each customer prior to interrupting service.
Here is a quick update on the progress of construction on Leahy Street between Sherman and Barney in Muskegon Heights. Only a few more steps before we can officially call this project complete!
Work Completed This Past Week:
- Some more miscellaneous concrete was done
- More hydroseeding was completed
- Some more manhole castings were raised
- Site cleanup continues
Work Anticipated Week of September 4, 2023 (Labor Day Week)
- No work will take place on Monday, September 4, 2023
- Final course of asphalt is tentatively scheduled for early morning Tuesday, September 5, 2023
- Note: Please no parking on the street early in the morning so that paving can be completed.
- Punchlist work will continue with cleanup and signage
- Restore, fix irrigation systems
- Remove temporary signage, traffic control barricades