As we begin our traditional opening weekend to summer in a completely non-traditional year, I wanted to provide an update on the construction project in Whitehall at Lake Street, Collier, Carleton and Country Club Streets!
Work that took place this past week:
- Lake Street was closed and the pavement cut and removed
- Temporary dewatering was installed to make excavation dry and safe
- The new storm outfall into White Lake was constructed at the bottom of Country Club hill with new pipe and storm structures
- Pavement was removed on Country Club west of Gee Street, all of West Collier, some of East Collier near Robinwood and the south half of Carleton
- Pavement was removed from the Country Club hill
- All pavement removed will be recycled into new roads elsewhere
- Lake Street has been reopened with temporary gravel until paving operations are ready on the other streets for efficiency
Here is what to expect next week, the week of May 25, 2020:
- No work will take place on Monday, May 25, 2020 – Memorial Day
- Crews will continue with 12-inch storm sewer pipe installation up the Country Club hill and then down West Collier to the south end with drainage structure installations
- Temporary drinking water main will be installed and tested for water connections to homes on West Collier
- New 6-inch water main pipe may begin installation at the end of next week if the temporary water hookups go well
It has only been a week, but we are still on schedule to have all construction complete by September 1, 2020, but please remember that all of the work is weather dependent.
The contractor will work with the US Post Office and local garbage haulers to ensure that mail gets delivered and refuse is picked up on the scheduled day. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there are any issues with either.