This project will make various infrastructure improvements to several areas in the City of Whitehall during the 2022 Construction Season.
- A sanitary sewer main will be repaired at the intersection of Alice and Elizabeth and Elizabeth Street will be resurfaced from Alice Street to Slocum Street.
- The Sanitary Sewer main will be replaced in Lakeview Street from Misco Drive north to Muskegon Avenue. This will also include some drainage improvements and road reconstruction with some new curb and gutter between Misco Drive and Lewis Street.
- The Water Main will be replaced in Lewis Street between Lakeview Street and Mears Avenue. This will also include some drainage improvements, road reconstruction and new concrete curb and gutter.
- The Water Main will be replaced in Peach Street between Sophia and Slocum Streets and the road will be resurfaced. South of Sophia, there will be some water service replacements as the City eliminates a parallel water main between Alice and Sophia.
- The Water Main will be replaced in Wilshire Drive and be looped back to Peach Street through an easement. Wilshire Drive will receive reconstructed pavement.
- Hall Street between Sophia and Slocum Streets will be resurfaced with new asphalt pavement.
The roads will be open for emergency access and deliveries, except during pavement operations which may close the road for a few hours while pavement is being placed. Please use caution when driving through these and all construction work zones. Mail and garbage deliveries should not be affected as access should be maintained throughout construction.
Temporary water shutdowns will be required to connect new water main to existing water mains. Advance notice will be provided prior to shutdowns. Shudown duration will be limited to the extent practical. Existing water service lines within the project area may be replaced as necessary to meet current standards. Customers adjacent to the construction area may have their water service interrupted temporarily while the Contractor replaces their service. The Contractor will coordinate with each customer prior to interrupting service.
Work is expected to last most of the summer with completion in October 2022.
Prein&Newhof will have personnel in the field during construction.
Dan Sorek, PE
(616) 218-2940 (Cell)
(231) 670–7017 (Cell)
Contractor for the City of Whitehall:
Hallack Contracting from Hart, MI
On-Site Contact and 24-hour Emergency Contact
(231) 425–7307 (Cell)