What a week of activity we had in the North Mears Parking Lot area!
This past week, the following work and activity took place:
- The parking lot was striped on Sunday, June 13, and the parking lot was opened to to the public for parking on Monday, June 14!
- The masons set the seat wall caps and brick on the seat walls.
- The fire place was installed today and is operational with the gas meter being set this morning.
- Over the weekend, an underground power line was determined by Consumers to be faulty and a temporary line was installed overhead. This had nothing to do with the construction in the parking lot. This temporary overhead line was hit by a semi truck & trailer and pulled down one of the new decorative street lights and damaged another one on Monday afternoon. Trucks are allowed in the parking lot, but the line was too low. The line was replaced today by crews working for Consumers Energy which required some cuts in the new asphalt and concrete sidewalk.
Work will continue for a few days next week, but this will be the final update for this project unless another notice is necessary.
Additional work that remains to be completed, most of which will be done next week:
- Caulking of concrete joints
- General cleanup of site
- Restoration of asphalt and concrete by Consumers Energy and their crews
- Installation of the brick logo
- Sandblasting some lettering into the concrete
- Completion of the brick masonry on the seat walls
- Two (2) electric vehicle charging stations will be installed
Additional work that will likely remain AFTER next week, but should not affect the parking lot’s overall operation:
- Connection of the electric vehicle charging stations
- Final touchup of restoration – grass & landscaping
- Installation of a privacy fence around the electric transformers – (Materials on Backorder, so this could be later in the summer)
- Repairs to the lighting
- Miscellaneous punch-list items
Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation on this project!