Here is this week’s update on the road construction activity in Whitehall. Thank you very much for your patience during this time of inconvenience on Lakeview Street.
Work completed this past week:
- Removing the pavement in Lakeview north of Lewis Street
- Crews focused on replacement of sanitary sewer with over 300 feet of pipe replaced in Lakeview Street
Currently, Lakeview Street is Closed to THRU Traffic between Misco and Lewis. If you live in this area, you may enter and exit via Misco.
Please use patience when traveling through this area and be kind to the construction workers who are doing their best to get this project done in a safe and timely manner.
Anticipated work over the next 2 weeks:
- Completing the sanitary sewer installation on Lakeview
- Completing the storm sewer installation on Lakeview
- Completing the placement of the gravel road base material on Lakeview
- Preparation and grading for new concrete curb and gutter to be installed on Lakeview Street
- **Milling and resurfacing of Hall Street between Sophia and Slocum
- **Milling and resurfacing of Elizabeth between Alice and Slocum
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding during these necessary improvements to the Whitehall infrastructure. Do not hesitate to contact a project representative if there are any issues or questions. Refuse and mail service should remain as normal. We recommend placing a piece of duct tape on your garbage receptacle with your address written on it in permanent marker and the Contractor can assist with your waste hauler to get your trash picked up in a timely manner.