This week Schippers continued working on setting up, testing, and connecting the temporary water main (black pipe above ground) on Bonneville Dr. and Bonanza Dr. between 5 Mile Rd. and Brisam St. They have begun switching water services over from the existing water main to the temporary water main and plan to have all of the services switched over by middle of next week. Schippers and their bore and jack subcontractor, Marksman Contracting, worked on setting up access pits along Plainfield Avenue to facilitate the water main lining and bore and jack construction under Plainfield Avenue.
Next week Fer-Pal Construction will be placing the cured-in-place pipe liner in the existing water main along Plainfield Avenue. Marksman Contracting will be installing 30-inch diameter steel casing across Plainfield Avenue so that new water main can be installed across Plainfield Avenue without interruption to traffic. Schippers will be starting water main construction near 5 Mile Road and Bonanza Drive middle to the end of next week.
Please contact a project representative if you have questions or concerns.
What to Expect
- Water main construction on Bonneville Drive and Bonanza Drive between 5 Mile Road and Brisam Street.
- Cured-In-Place-Pipe (CIPP) lining of existing 16-inch water main along Plainfield Avenue.
- Bore and Jack 30-inch steel casing under Plainfield Avenue.
- Schippers’ overall project schedule anticipates the total project, including road paving and lawn restoration, being complete in late summer.
There will be times that the area in front of your homes is torn up and you will have limited access to your home. Please let us know if you have any special access needs and we will do our best to make arrangements with you.
The contractor will be contacting you to make arrangements for mail delivery and garbage collection. Please let us know if you have any problems with this.
- April – late-June
- Water main and water service construction on Bonneville Dr. and Bonanaza Dr. between 5 Mile Rd. and Brisam St.
- April – mid-May
- Water main and water service construction along Plainfield Ave., including bore & jack across Plainfield Ave. and CIPP lining of existing water main.
- Late-April – late-June
- Water main and water service construction in Rockvalley Dr.
- Early-May – early-June
- Water main and water service construction in Rockhill Dr.
- Mid-June – late-September
- Water main and water service construction on Bonneville Dr. and court streets to the east north of Brisam St.
Please share this information with your neighbors who may not have email or access to the internet.
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to a successful project in your neighborhood!