Construction staking is in process to show the location of the right-of-way and the location of the new water main. The new water main will be installed on the west or north side of the roads.
Dykema has marked and will continue to be marking which trees need to be cut down to allow for installation of the water main. Tree removal is scheduled to begin Monday, April 20.
Message boards will indicate that Chandler and Herrington will both be closed to through traffic; however, the roads will be open to local residents. Your driveways should always be accessible except for the short time it takes for the construction crew to install the water main across your driveway.
Please contact one of the project representatives (see contact information to the left) if you have questions or concerns.
What to Expect Next Week (April 20 – 24)
- Tree removal is scheduled to begin Monday, April 20, along Chander north of Shining Tree, along Herrington north of Chandler, and in the private easement between Herrington and US131.
- Water main installation is scheduled to commence mid-week. Dykema plans to have two (2) separate crews building water main. One crew will start along Chandler at Shining Tree and will work their way northward. The second crew will start at the intersection of Herrington and Chandler and will also work their way northward.
- Preparations will take place for construction of the water main crossing under US131, which is scheduled to begin the week of April 27.
- April 20
- Commence Construction (first tree clearing, then water main installation)
- During first half of May
- Bore and jack operation to cross Southbound US131
- During last half of May
- Bore and jack operation to cross Northbound US131
- Early June
- Finish water main along Chandler and across US-131
- Finish water main along Herrington
- During first half of June
- Paving and lawn restoration along Chandler; restoration in private easement and US-131 right-of-way
- During last half of June
- Paving and lawn restoration along Herrington
- July 3
- Project Completion
- Note: Dates are subject to change.