Tree clearing commenced early this week and should be finished by Friday, April 24.Water main installation is underway along Chandler just north of Shining Tree and along Herrington just north of Chandler. Both crews are working their way northward.Traffic control along US-131 is being installed on Friday, April 24, in preparation for the water main crossing under the highway.Please contact one of the project representatives (see contact info to the left) if you have questions or concerns.Thank you for your patience and we look forward to a successful project!
What to Expect Next Week (April 27 – May 1)
- The two Dykema crews will continue laying pipe in Chandler and Herrington, both working northward.
- A crew from Marksman Construction (subcontractor to Dykema Excavators) will mobilize material and equipment on site Monday, April 27, in preparation for the water main crossings under US-131. They will start with the crossing under southbound US-131, which is expected to take a couple weeks. Both shoulders of southbound will be closed for this work, but the two travel lanes will remain open.
- During first half of May
- Bore and jack operation to cross under Southbound US-131
- During last half of May
- Bore and jack operation to cross under Northbound US-131
- Early June
- Finish water main along Chandler and across US-131
- Finish water main along Herrington
- During first half of June
- Paving and lawn restoration along Chandler; restoration in private easement and US-131 right-of-way
- During last half of June
- Paving and lawn restoration along Herrington
- July 3
- Project Completion
- Note: Dates are subject to change.