Work Completed to This Past Week:
Crews focused on finishing replacing water service lines between the new water main to the homes.
Water mains were tied into the existing water system at 9th & Rotterdam with new valve and a new fire hydrant.
Work Anticipated Week of May 1, 2023
***Water main connections at 8th and Summit on Monday, May 1 – This will involve a disruption of water service for approximately 6-8 hours for all homes on Summit Avenue between 9th Street and 5th Street as well as all homes on 6th Street between Oakwood and Summit and on 7th Street between Rotterdam and Summit that day.***
***Water main connections at 8th and Oakwood on Tuesday, May 2 – This will involve a disruption of water service for approximately 6-8 hours for all homes on Oakwood Avenue between 8th Street and 6th Street as well as all homes on 8th Street between Oakwood and Norton and on 7th Street between Oakwood and Norton that day.***
These are the final planned water outages with this phase of the work.
- Remaining storm drainage work will be replaced.
- Road will be cut to sand grade for the proper amount or road gravel base material to be delivered, spread and compacted in place in preparation for concrete curb and gutter and driveway approach construction the week of May 8.
Work Anticipated Week of May 8, 2023
- Concrete curb and gutter
- Concrete driveway approaches
- Concrete sidewalk and crosswalks
- Additional road gravel grading and compaction