As the trees begin to show signs of life again and green up, the seventh week of construction on the parking lot showed some more progress.
This past week, the following work was performed:
- Rough grading and backfilling around the north seat wall poured last week has been done
- Concrete planter boxes have been poured
- The footings and foundations for more seat walls and the fire pit were poured
- The footings for the electric vehicle charging stations were installed
The Contractor is planning to work on the following items next week, May 3, 2021:
- Concrete Curb and Gutter is currently planned for Monday, May 3 (weather dependent)
- This work may be ongoing all week with the curbs around the islands
- Once curb and gutter is installed, sidewalks along the businesses will be replaced.
- Please remember to NOT step in the concrete. It should take a few hours for it to cure before walking on it. It takes a bit longer in the colder weather. Thank you for respecting the fresh concrete!
- More concrete planter boxes will be poured
- Framing and layout for the concrete flat work south of the seat wall will begin and additional concrete may be poured there
Asphalt paving is now tentatively planned for the week of May 10. This is weather dependent and dependent on the progress of the curb and gutter. This would only be the 1st course of asphalt.
Please do not try to move barricades over the weekend or try to park in the parking lot. The parking lot is closed. All work planned is weather dependent, but the Contractor is still on schedule to be complete in late June 2021.