As we get more green on the trees, the Contractor has returned to make some beautification improvements to the Peck and Sherman Intersection as well as some crosswalks between Sanford and Hoyt.
This past week, the contractor worked on:
- Set up the traffic control so that there is one lane of traffic on Sherman between Jefferson and Reynolds
- Sawcut the pavement and began pavement removals for the north half of the Peck Street Intersection
- Sawcut the pavement and began pavement removals for the crosswalks at several intersections
- Installed, shaped and compacted gravel road base material for the new concrete intersection at Peck
- Installed, shaped and compacted gravel road base material for the decorative crosswalks
Please remember that left hand turns are not allowed at most intersections, and signs are in place. Please keep our workers safe and follow all traffic control rules within the construction zone.
Work anticipated during the week of May 3, 2021:
- More pavement removals
- More gravel base material installation, shaping and compacting
- Concrete will be poured at many of the crosswalks that were prepared this week. The concrete will hold brick pavers and will have a concrete header on each side of the bricks.