This week Schippers worked on setting up the temporary water main on Bonneville Drive and Bonanza Drive between 5 Mile Road and Brisam Street. This temporary water main is necessary because the old water main will be removed in order to install the new water main. Once the temporary water main has been tested and disinfected next week, Schippers will start to switch water services from the existing water main to the temporary water main. Schippers will coordinate with residents when they switch the services over because the water service will have to be interrupted momentarily.
Next week Schippers will begin to construct access pits along Plainfield Avenue to facilitate the Cured-In-Place-Pipe (CIPP) lining that will start the week of April 19. There will be a shoulder closure for southbound Plainfield Avenue to facilitate this work. Both lanes of traffic should be maintained during construction.
Please contact a project representative if you have questions or concerns.
What to Expect
- Set up temporary water main and switch water services over from the existing water main to the temporary water main.
- Prepare for Cured-In-Place-Pipe (CIPP) lining installation along Plainfield Avenue.
- Schippers’ overall project schedule anticipates the total project, including road paving and lawn restoration, being complete in late summer.
- There will be times that the area in front of your homes is torn up and you will have limited access to your home. Please let us know if you have any special access needs and we will do our best to make arrangements with you.
The contractor will be contacting you to make arrangements for mail delivery and garbage collection. Please let us know if you have any problems with this.
- April – late-June
- Water main and water service construction on Bonneville Dr. and Bonanaza Dr. between 5 Mile Rd. and Brisam St.
- April – mid-May
- Water main and water service construction along Plainfield Ave. including bore & jack across Plainfield Ave. and CIPP lining of existing water main.
- Late-April – late-June
- Water main and water service construction in Rockvalley Dr.
- Early-May – early-June
- Water main and water service construction in Rockhill Dr.
- Mid-June – late-September
- Water main and water service construction on Bonneville Dr. and court streets to the east north of Brisam St.
Please share this information with your neighbors who may not have email or access to the internet.
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to a successful project in your neighborhood!