We are four weeks into the parking lot project and although it may not show it on the surface, a lot has been accomplished.
The Contractor has worked on the following this past week:
- Completed the new storm sewer collection system installation
- Installed the foundation forms for the new light poles – they poured the concrete in them this morning
- Installed conduit for new irrigation system and for the electrical system for the new lighting
- Installed the gas service and line for the new fire place
- Removed concrete sidewalk
- Began shaping for the new parking lot
- Relocated the existing Fire Hydrant
Plans for next week, April 12:
- Continue to remove sidewalk and old curb & gutter
- Remove any other miscellaneous structures
- Grading to ‘sand grade’, which is the level where the new pavement is built up from which includes the gravel base material.
- Complete laying out the new electrical
Please do not try to move barricades over the weekend or try to park in the parking lot. The parking lot is closed. All work planned is weather dependent, but the Contractor is still on schedule to be complete in late June 2021.