Work completed this past week:
- Sanitary Sewer Main replacement in Lakeview Street was completed
- Storm Sewer Installation in Lakeview Street was completed
- Top course of Asphalt was placed on Elizabeth Street from Alice to Slocum and on Hall Street between Sophia and Slocum
Currently, Lakeview Street is Closed to THRU Traffic between Misco Drive and Muskegon Avenue. You can not access Lakeview from Lewis and vice-versa. If you live in this area west of Lewis, you may enter and exit via Misco. If you live in this area east of Lewis, you may enter and exit via Muskegon Avenue.
Please use patience when traveling through this area and be kind to the construction workers who are doing their best to get this project done in a safe and timely manner.
Anticipated work over the next 2 weeks:
- Restore gravel shoulders on Hall and Elizabeth
- Raise Manhole to grade on Alice west of Elizabeth and restoration
- Begin water main replacement on Lewis between Mears and Lakeview
- Completing the placement of the gravel road base material on Lakeview
- Preparation and grading for new concrete curb and gutter to be installed on Lakeview Street
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding during these necessary improvements to the Whitehall infrastructure. Do not hesitate to contact a project representative if there are any issues or questions. Refuse and mail service should remain as normal. We recommend placing a piece of duct tape on your garbage receptacle with your address written on it in permanent marker and the Contractor can assist with your waste hauler to get your trash picked up in a timely manner.