Work completed this past week:
- Restored the gravel shoulders on Hall and Elizabeth Streets
- Raised manhole to grade on Alice west of Elizabeth
- Completed the road gravel base installation on Lakeview
- Started to work on water main on Lewis Street between Mears and Lakeview
Currently, Lakeview Street is Closed to THRU Traffic between Misco Drive and Muskegon Avenue. You can not access Lakeview from Lewis and vice-versa. If you live in this area west of Lewis, you may enter and exit via Misco. If you live in this area east of Lewis, you may enter and exit via Muskegon Avenue.
Please use patience when traveling through this area and be kind to the construction workers who are doing their best to get this project done in a safe and timely manner.
Anticipated work over the next 2 weeks:
- Install water main on Lewis between Mears and Lakeview
- Preparation and grading for new concrete curb and gutter to be installed on Lakeview Street between Misco and Lewis
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding during these necessary improvements to the Whitehall infrastructure. Do not hesitate to contact a project representative if there are any issues or questions. Refuse and mail service should remain as normal. We recommend placing a piece of duct tape on your garbage receptacle with your address written on it in permanent marker and the Contractor can assist with your waste hauler to get your trash picked up in a timely manner.