Week 12 of construction is coming to an end on the Sherman Boulevard Improvements project. Please remember that Sherman Boulevard is closed to thru traffic. Use side streets to get to your home or business to reduce traffic on Sherman as much as possible for the safety of the construction workers.
Work completed this past week:
- Work to grade out the new sidewalk ramps was completed
- Placed and compacted gravel road base at several intersections from Temple to 8th Street
- Lowered manhole castings between Glade and Temple
Work anticipated the week of August 24:
- Concrete crews will return and continue pouring sidewalk ramps, curb and gutter, sidewalks and driveway approaches.
- The base course of asphalt will begin to be placed in the larger excavations and pavement removal areas.
- Cutting out manholes from the roadway and lowering them for the pavement milling operations – This will create a lot more holes in the roadway, so please be careful when driving through Sherman Boulevard to your local destination.
Work anticipated the week of August 31:
- Adjust manhole, drainage and valve structures to the final elevation
- Ensuring the roadway is ready for milling which will probably take place right after Labor Day.
Please remember to keep the safety of the workers on this project in your mind as you travel through this active construction site. There may be work going on anywhere in the 1.75 mile corridor, so be aware and drive slow through the site if you must travel on Sherman Boulevard.