Here is a quick update on the progress of construction on Leahy Street between Sherman and Barney in Muskegon Heights. We are seeing some light at the end of the construction tunnel!
NOTE: Please DO NOT PARK OR DRIVE ON the new concrete for a MINIMUM of THREE days after the concrete is poured to allow it time to set up and cure and achieve full strength. Please do not mark up the new concrete. It will set up to be hard enough to walk on within 4-6 hours after it is finished.
Work Completed This Past Week:
- Concrete work was completed on sidewalks, driveways, ramps and curbs/gutters
- Backfilling was done between the sidewalk and the curb
- Lawn restoration work is getting underway
- Gravel road base is being graded, shaped and compacted to the final location before paving
Work Anticipated Week of August 7, 2023
- Continue to shape the gravel road base and prepare for asphalt
- First course of asphalt is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, August 8, 2023
- Raising of manhole covers and water main valve covers to the final elevations
- Lawn restoration work will continue with backfilling areas between the sidewalk and curb, around driveways
- Topsoil and seed will begin to be spread
- Possibly sign installations
Work Anticipated Week of August 14, 2023
- This is the week we are hoping to be looking at for final completion
- Final restoration of topsoil and seed
- Top course of asphalt paving
We are still anticipating to be complete with the project before Labor Day Weekend.