Here is this week’s update on the road construction activity in Whitehall. Thank you very much for your patience during this time of inconvenience on these streets.
Work completed this past week:
- Over 250 additional feet of sanitary sewer main was installed in Lakeview north of Lewis
- Hall Street between Sophia and Slocum was pulverized and base course of asphalt was placed
- Elizabeth Street between Alice and Slocum was milled and manhole structures have been adjusted for the new pavement
Tomorrow, Saturday, August 6, 2022 – Elizabeth will be repaved and Hall Street will receive a top course of asphalt.
**Currently, Lakeview Street is Closed to THRU Traffic between Misco and Lewis. If you live in this area, you may enter and exit via Misco.
Lewis is Closed to Thru Traffic between Mears and Lakeview.
Hall Street is closed between Sophia and Slocum and will be reopened tomorrow afternoon
Elizabeth is closed between Alice and Slocum to Thru Traffic until paving operations are completed.**
Please use patience when traveling through this area and be kind to the construction workers who are doing their best to get this project done in a safe and timely manner.
Anticipated work over the next 2 weeks:
- Completing the sanitary sewer installation on Lakeview
- Completing the storm sewer installation on Lakeview
- Completing the placement of the gravel road base material on Lakeview
- Preparation and grading for new concrete curb and gutter to be installed on Lakeview Street
- Installation of gravel shoulders on Hall Street and Elizabeth (east side)
- Pavement markings on Elizabeth