Belmont Avenue will continue to be closed to thru traffic through Friday (8/13.) Please follow the posted detours around the construction areas.
Packer Drive will be closed to thru traffic through the end of October.
- Wyoming continued water main installation along Belmont Avenue and installed water main across Belmont Avenue at Van Dam Drive.
- Belmont Avenue asphalt was replaced where removed for water main construction so that the road could be reopened. The Kent County Road Commission intends to fully reconstruct Belmont Avenue in 2022 which is why the road will not be replaced as part of this project.
- Chop, Wyoming’s tree clearing subcontractor, removed trees along Van Dam Drive in preparation for water main construction.
- Wyoming installed two water services on the section of the water main that is under the asphalt.
- Wyoming is completing the connection to the existing water main today (8/6).
- Kent County Road Commission has their guardrail subcontractor install new guardrail south of Pixley Avenue.
- Wyoming will complete water main installation along Belmont Avenue.
- Wyoming will install water services along Belmont Avenue starting at Post Drive and moving north.
What to Expect
- Water main construction along Belmont Avenue and Van Dam Drive.
- Water service construction along Belmont Avenue.
- As soon as the water main in one area is complete, tested, and ready for water service connections, Plainfield Township will communicate with you to start the process of installing water services on private property.
- Estimated project completion date: October 9
There will be times that the area in front of your homes is torn up and you will have limited access to your home. Please let us know if you have any special access needs and we will do our best to make arrangements with you.
The contractor will be contacting you to make arrangements for mail delivery and garbage collection. Please let us know if you have any problems with this.
- Water main and water service construction on Belmont Avenue
- August — Mid-September
- Water main and water service construction on Van Dam Drive
- Water main and water service construction on Wildwood Creek Drive
- Mid-September — Mid-October
- Water main and water service construction on Pixley Avenue