Phase 2 of Peck Street is wrapping up quickly as Peck Street will likely be open to traffic before the end of next week! A start date for work on Southern Avenue, between Jefferson Avenue and Peck Street, is yet to be determined, with construction not likely to begin until after Labor Day weekend.
Work Completed This Week
- Concrete improvements were completed today on Peck Street and Dale Avenue including sidewalk, ramps, and driveway approaches.
- The manhole castings on Phase 2 were raised up to final grade in preparation for the third and final layer of asphalt to be installed next week.
- Irrigation systems were repaired and top soil was installed throughout Phase 2.
Anticipated Work Next Week
- The top course of asphalt will be paved early next week.
- Irrigation systems will continue to be replaced on Phase 2.
- Pavement markings and hydroseeding on Phase 2 will be scheduled after final paving.
Kamminga & Roodvoets will be continuing to finish spreading top soil on Phase 2 tomorrow (Saturday), August 7.