We have completed just under 3 weeks worth of work on the infrastructure improvements planned for Whitehall this season. Two of those weeks were focused on Lakeview Street north of Misco Drive. Progress is picking up steam as predicted. Thank you very much for your patience during this time of inconvenience on Lakeview Street.
Work completed this past week:
- Another 300 feet of sanitary sewer main has been replaced, along with several service reconnections to the new sewer.
- Crews are pausing the sanitary sewer main replacement and focusing today on putting the hill immediately north of Misco together to return some access for residents affected by construction for the long holiday weekend.
Currently, Lakeview Street is Closed to THRU Traffic between Misco and Lewis. If you live in this area, you may enter and exit via Lewis.
Please use patience when traveling through this area and be kind to the construction workers who are doing their best to get this project done in a safe and timely manner.
Anticipated work over the next 2 weeks:
- Sanitary Sewer main replacement on Lakeview Street, progressing from south to north towards Muskegon Avenue.
- Installation of new storm drains and sewer up the hill on Lakeview Street.
- Installation of underdrainage system.
- Cutting the road between Misco and Lewis to sand grade in preparation for road base gravel.
- Preparation and grading for new concrete curb and gutter to be installed on Lakeview Street.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding during these necessary improvements to the Whitehall infrastructure. Do not hesitate to contact a project representative if there are any issues or questions. Refuse and mail service should remain as normal. We recommend placing a piece of duct tape on your garbage receptacle with your address written on it in permanent marker and the Contractor can assist with your waste hauler to get your trash picked up in a timely manner.