DeSal finished installing the water main this week. That is about 8,900 feet (1.7 miles!) of 16-inch water main was installed in nine (9) weeks. DeSal will now be able to focus their efforts on installing the remaining water service stubs. Residents will receive a letter when their water service is ready for connection.
DeSal and the Plainfield Water Department continued to pressure test and disinfect sections of water main as they were completed so that water service installation can continue. The last section of water main will be tested next week.
Water service Quotation Forms have been received for about 40% of the houses along House Street. If residents have not yet talked to a contractor about installing their private water service, they should do so ASAP in order to meet the 60-day connection requirement. The first house was connected to the municipal water system earlier this week (see project map above).
Road Work Update:
- The road reconstruction is scheduled to start either the first or second week in August.
- Final driveway restoration will not be completed until after the base course of asphalt has been placed to ensure driveways meet the new road grades.
What to Expect Next Week (July 13 – 17)
DeSal will continue pressure testing and disinfecting the last section of water main and work on installing the remaining water service stubs. DeSal will continue yard and roadside restoration.
- Water main installation complete
- Finish water service installation and lawn restoration
- Begin road reconstruction