Work that took place this past week:
- Manhole and valve structures were adjusted for the final course of asphalt. Please be careful driving over these. They should have barrels on them.
- The first parts of restoration outside the pavement took place with gravel shoulders and top soil for yards.
- Concrete driveway approaches were poured and are curing.
Please do not be alarmed if you see water holding in some of the drainage structures as they may still have fabric on them to prevent soil from washing into the pipes and into White Lake. That said, we understand the new drains worked well with the amount of rain the area received this past week.
Here is what to expect next week, the week of July 13, 2020:
- No work will take place tomorrow Saturday, July 11, 2020.
- The top course of asphalt is planned to be completed before the end of the day on Tuesday, July 14. If all goes well, it could be completed the afternoon of Monday, July 13. Please be aware and plan accordingly. It the weather stays good, it will be Monday afternoon for paving.
- Those with asphalt driveway repairs needed will be done first, then the roads will be paved.
- Hydro seeding of areas that received topsoil this week is currently scheduled for Thursday, July 16.
- Traffic control signs and barricades should be removed by the end of next week.
- This should conclude the work on Collier, Carleton and Country Club with only punchlist work remaining.
We do not yet have a schedule for the milling and resurfacing of the other streets below:
- Baldwin between Elliott and Alice
- Baldwin between Colby and Spring
- Alice between Mears and Division
- Benston between Mears and Division
We are still on schedule to have all construction complete by September 1, 2020, but please remember that all of the work is weather dependent.
The contractor will work with the US Post Office and local garbage haulers to ensure that mail gets delivered and refuse is picked up on the scheduled day. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there are any issues with either.