Here is another update on this season’s road construction activity in Whitehall. Thank you very much for your patience during this time of inconvenience on Lakeview Street.
Work completed this past week:
- The south end of Lakeview has been partially restored with road base gravel and is re-opened to Misco.
- 430’ of road underdrain pipe was installed
- Preparation for additional sanitary sewer main replacement near Lewis and Lakeview.
Currently, Lakeview Street is Closed to THRU Traffic between Misco and Lewis. If you live in this area, you may enter and exit via Misco.
Please use patience when traveling through this area and be kind to the construction workers who are doing their best to get this project done in a safe and timely manner.
Anticipated work over the next 2 weeks:
- Sanitary sewer main replacement on Lakeview Street, progressing from south to north towards Muskegon Avenue.
- Continuing with new storm sewer installation on Lakeview up to Lewis Street.
- Preparation and grading for new concrete curb and gutter to be installed on Lakeview Street.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding during these necessary improvements to the Whitehall infrastructure. Do not hesitate to contact a project representative if there are any issues or questions. Refuse and mail service should remain as normal. We recommend placing a piece of duct tape on your garbage receptacle with your address written on it in permanent marker and the Contractor can assist with your waste hauler to get your trash picked up in a timely manner.