Wyoming Excavators is scheduled to start the project on July 19, 2021. Water main construction will begin at Belmont Avenue and Post Drive.
In the next two weeks, you will start to see Miss Dig flags show up marking the existing utilities and survey stakes marking the edge of the public right-of-way and water main location. Prein&Newhof will work with Wyoming Excavators and their tree clearing sub-contractor, Chop, to mark trees that will be removed for water main construction.
In the coming weeks you will receive a letter explaining necessary steps you must take to have the private portion of your water service installed. If you have any questions about this process, please reach out to Jeremy Kamp (see contact information to the right).
What to Expect
- Water main construction along Belmont Avenue.
- Water main construction along Belmont Avenue and Van Dam Drive.
- Water service construction along Belmont Avenue.
- As soon as the water main in one area is complete, tested, and ready for water service connections, Plainfield Township will communicate with you to start the process of installing water services on private property.
- Estimated project completion date: October 9
There will be times that the area in front of your homes is torn up and you will have limited access to your home. Please let us know if you have any special access needs and we will do our best to make arrangements with you.
The contractor will be contacting you to make arrangements for mail delivery and garbage collection. Please let us know if you have any problems with this.
- July – August
- Water main and water service construction on Belmont Avenue
- August – mid-September
- Water main and water service construction on Van Dam Drive
- Water main and water service construction on Wildwood Creek Drive
- mid-September – mid-October
- Water main and water service construction on Pixley Avenue
Please share this information with your neighbors who may not have email or access to the internet.
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to a successful project in your neighborhood!