Great news! Phase 1 of the Peck Street Project (Southern Ave to Merrill Ave) is open to traffic! Here’s what progress happened this week and what’s to come next week:
Work Completed This Week
- The top course of asphalt was paved on Phase 1 on Thursday and Friday morning on Phase 1
- Temporary pavement markings were installed on Phase 1 in order to open the roadway to traffic.
- Water services continued to be replaced on Phase 2.
- Miscellaneous concrete improvements were completed on Phase 1.
- The top soil on phase 1 was spread and was hydroseeded today (Friday).
Anticipated Work Next Week
- Continue replacing water services on Phase 2.
- Install permanent pavement markings on Phase 1 (PK Contracting)
- Potentially complete more water main tie-ins at the intersections of Phase 2.
- Continue installing storm sewer catch basin leads on Phase 2.
Kamminga & Roodvoets is not planning to work tomorrow, July 3. Work will resume on Tuesday, July 6. Have a great holiday weekend!