Work that took place this past week:
- The final course of asphalt was placed on East and West Collier, Country Club between Gee and Lake Street and Carleton north of the Country Club
- Asphalt driveway approaches were replaced
- Hydro-seeding and restoration was completed. Please remember to continue to water these areas which will help keep the weeds from establishing.
- Milling operations began today to remove the old pavement at the following locations:
- Baldwin between Elliott and Alice
- Baldwin between Colby and Spring
- Alice between Mears and Division
- Benston between Mears and Division
Here is what to expect next week (July 20–24):
- No work will take place tomorrow Saturday, July 18
- The areas being milled today will be graded and prepared for new asphalt
- Some blocks will receive new gravel road base material
- It is possible that these blocks could be resurfaced with new asphalt by the end of the week.
Shhhh…. We are ahead of schedule to have all construction complete by September 1, 2020, but please remember that all of the work is weather dependent.
The contractor will work with the US Post Office and local garbage haulers to ensure that mail gets delivered and refuse is picked up on the scheduled day. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there are any issues with either.