This week, the contractor completed water main installation from Madison to Vulcan Street along with new hydrants (not yet in service) at Austin, Valley, and Madison.
Here is what to expect next week, the week of July 29, 2019
- No work is planned for Saturday, July 27, 2019, but Saturday work may be an option to maintain the schedule in the future.
- No work is planned for Monday, July 29, 2019.
- The remaining asphalt and gravel on the south side of the road will be removed between Vulcan and Bailey
- The water main pipe installation work should wrap up next week
- The new water main will be pressure (leak) tested and then disinfected to ensure it is safe before connecting it to the City’s water system
- Water main connections will likely take place the week of August 5 with brief interruptions to water service when new services are connected to the new water main
Remember that all work is weather dependent.
One paved lane remains for accessing homes and businesses on Broadway within the construction zone. Please remember to access homes south of Broadway from Summit and homes north of Broadway from Sherman.