Belmont Avenue will continue to be closed to thru traffic through next Friday (8/6). Please follow the posted detours around the construction areas.
Packer Drive will be closed to thru traffic through the end of October.
This is necessary to provide time for the new water main to be pressure tested and disinfected, installation of two water services that are connected to the water main under the road, installation of new guardrail, and paving of Belmont Avenue at the three locations where the water main is under the road.
- Wyoming Excavators continued water main installation along Belmont Avenue and installed water main across Belmont Avenue at Pixley Avenue.
- Wyoming Excavators began the pressure test and disinfect the newly installed water main.
- Chop, Wyoming’ tree clearing subcontractor, removed trees along Belmont Avenue.
- Chop will start tree clearing along the north side of Van Dam Drive. Trees within the public road right-of-way will be removed only as necessary for water main installation. Trees which will be removed were marked with a pink X on Friday (7/30).
- Wyoming Excavators plans to complete water main installation along Belmont Avenue.
- Wyoming Excavators will complete the connection to the existing water main at Post Drive. The Plainfield Water Department will inform residents whose water service will be temporarily affected by the shutdown which is necessary to make the connection.
- Wyoming Excavators will install water services to 6694 & 6725 Belmont Avenue.
- Kent County Road Commission will replace the guardrail on the west side of Belmont Avenue.
- Belmont Avenue pavement that has been affected by construction will be replaced on Friday with the goal of having Belmont Avenue open to traffic by the end of the day Friday.
In the coming weeks you will receive a letter explaining necessary steps you must take to have the private portion of your water service installed. If you have any questions about this process, please reach out to Jeremy Kamp (see contact information to the right).
What to Expect
- Water main construction along Belmont Avenue and Van Dam Drive.
- Water service construction along Belmont Avenue.
- As soon as the water main in one area is complete, tested, and ready for water service connections, Plainfield Township will communicate with you to start the process of installing water services on private property.
- Estimated project completion date: October 9
- Water main and water service construction on Belmont Avenue
- August — Mid-September
- Water main and water service construction on Van Dam Drive
- Water main and water service construction on Wildwood Creek Drive
- Mid-September — Mid-October
- Water main and water service construction on Pixley