A lot of things happened this week after a last week’s slow progress. We are getting very close to the end of this project; we thank you for your patience.
I know it is tempting to use the parking lot, but please remember it is still CLOSED. It needs to remain closed until the striping is added and the paint is dry.
This past week, the following work was completed:
- Work on the irrigation system was completed – this includes the irrigation along Colby downtown.
- All plantings were installed and landscaping completed.
- Furniture (benches and trash receptacles) was installed.
- Lighting was energized and should be operational at night. We do know that one of the lights is not working and it will be fixed soon.
- The parking lot was cleaned and prepped, and the top course of asphalt is being installed today.
- Masonry structure for the seat walls was worked on.
- Concrete section that was broken was replaced.
- Concrete joints were sealed.
The Contractor is planning to work on the following next week, June 14, 2021:
- Parking lot striping is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, June 13. If striping is completed on Sunday, the parking lot will be open to the public on Monday, June 14!
- Brick logo will be worked on.
- We expect the stone caps for the seat walls to be delivered and installed.
- Masonry for the seat walls and fire place will be worked on.
- Completion of the fireplace is Friday, June 18 (subject to change).
- We are planning for a Ribbon Cutting to be late in the week of June 21.
All work planned is weather dependent.