Work that took place this past week:
- The remainder of the water main was installed in West Collier. It was successfully pressure tested but unfortunately, the samples didn’t come back in time to tie it in today.
- The old water main was removed from the ground.
- General site cleanup was done with the removal of extra materials.
Here is what to expect next week, the week of June 15, 2020:
- New water main will be connected to the City’s distribution system on Monday, June 15, 2020. This will involve a temporary loss of water service for the customers between Mears Avenue and West Collier on Country Club Road as well as all customers on Carleton, Gee, Moody and Nelson Streets and East Collier between Country Club and Robinwood. This work is planned to begin around 9:00 AM and should be complete by Noon.
- Residents on West Collier will be reconnected to the new water main.
- Roads will begin to be rebuilt with grading and gravel road subbase installation.
- Preparations will begin for driveway restorations
We are still on schedule to have all construction complete by September 1, 2020, but please remember that all of the work is weather dependent.
The contractor will work with the US Post Office and local garbage haulers to ensure that mail gets delivered and refuse is picked up on the scheduled day. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there are any issues with either.
Thank you very much for your ongoing patience and cooperation on this important infrastructure improvement. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions whatsoever regarding the construction, the plans, or if there are any issues. Remember, please share this information with residents and neighbors to help spread the word.