Here is a brief update on the road and utility construction work in the City of Whitehall!
Work that took place this past week:
- Replacement of the old fire hydrant at Robinwood and East Collier
- All water main work was tied in and completed.
- All water services are tied over to the new water main and the temporary water main was removed.
- Reconstruction of the roads on West Collier, Country Club and Carleton began with the removal of soil and placement of gravel road base material
- The decision was made to extend a short storm sewer to Gee Street on Country Club to alleviate water standing near the south end of Gee Park.
- Lake Street is supposed to be paved by tomorrow (Saturday) morning.
Here is what to expect next week, the week of June 22:
- Raise manhole covers in Lake Street
- Pave the top course of Lake Street
- Complete storm sewer extension in Country Club to Gee Street
- Road reconstruction with gravel road base and grading will continue on West Collier, Country Club and Carleton
- Repairs will be made to a catch basin on Benston near Division
- Preparations for driveway restorations
We are still on schedule to have all construction complete by September 1, 2020, but please remember that all of the work is weather dependent.
The contractor will work with the US Post Office and local garbage haulers to ensure that mail gets delivered and refuse is picked up on the scheduled day. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there are any issues with either.