This week, the focus was on concrete, and approximately 80% of the concrete for the first phase has been placed. Final grading of aggregate has begun with paving of the roadway just around the corner. NOTE: Phase II will begin starting June 9. At that time, the detour will be extended and Sanford will be closed from Apple to Southern.
Work Completed This Week
- Contractor placed curb & gutter radius’ at intersections.
- Contractor placed sidewalk and drive approaches.
- Contractor began grading aggregate in preparation of paving.
Anticipated Work Next Week
- Continue placing sidewalk and drive approaches – should be complete by mid-week.
- Continue fine grading of aggregate grade in preparation of placing asphalt pavement.
- Placing first course of asphalt pavement on Wednesday.
- Placing manhole castings and watermain valve boxes to finish grade, in preparation of placing top course of asphalt.
- Begin performing turf restoration for Phase I.