Work completed the last 2 weeks:
- Pavement removal on Alice Street west of Elizabeth
- Sanitary Sewer main was repaired on Alice Street west of Elizabeth, connecting 4 homes to a new sanitary sewer main
- Alice was backfilled, compacted, graded and paved where the sanitary sewer repairs took place
- Pavement removals on Lakeview north of Misco Drive to Lewis Street
- Preparation for Sanitary Sewer main replacement began on Lakeview north of Misco Drive with the installation of temporary dewatering system
Currently, Lakeview Street is Closed to THRU Traffic between Misco and Lewis. If you live in this area, you may enter and exit via Lewis.
Please use patience when traveling through this area and be kind to the construction workers who are doing their best to get this project done in a safe and timely manner.
Anticipated work over the next 2 weeks:
- Sanitary Sewer main replacement on Lakeview Street, progressing from south to north towards Lewis Street. Replacement will continue all the way to Muskegon Avenue eventually.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding during these necessary improvements to the Whitehall infrastructure. Do not hesitate to contact a project representative if there are any issues or questions. Refuse and mail service should remain as normal. We recommend placing a piece of duct tape on your garbage receptacle with your address written on it in permanent marker and the Contractor can assist with your waste hauler to get your trash picked up in a timely manner.