Here is a brief update on the road and utility construction work in the City of Whitehall!
Work that took place this past week:
- Lake Street had base course asphalt placed last Saturday morning.
- Extension of storm sewer on Country Club to Gee Park was completed.
- Lake Street manhole castings were adjusted to final grade.
- Lake Street top course of asphalt was placed. We are not thrilled with the northbound lane and are looking into a remedy there – stay tuned…
- Fine grading and compaction of the Country Club hill walkway and base course of asphalt was placed.
- Bollards were placed on Country Club hill walkway.
- East and West Collier Drive and Country Club were excavated down to ‘sand grade’ which means the Contractor removed enough material to place a good gravel base for under the asphalt.
Here is what to expect next week, the week of June 29, 2020:
- It will be a short week due to the Independence Day Holiday.
- No work will take place Friday, July 3, 2020.
- Repairs will be made to a catch basin on the south side of Benston near Division.
- Grading and compacting the gravel road base on East & West Collier, Country Club and Carleton.
- If all goes well, we hope to have base course of asphalt down on East & West Collier, Country Club and Carleton.
- Driveway approaches will be prepped for replacement on West Collier.
We are still on schedule to have all construction complete by September 1, 2020, but please remember that all of the work is weather dependent.
The contractor will work with the US Post Office and local garbage haulers to ensure that mail gets delivered and refuse is picked up on the scheduled day. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there are any issues with either.
Thank you very much for your ongoing patience and cooperation on this important infrastructure improvement. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions whatsoever regarding the construction, the plans, or if there are any issues. Remember, please share this information with residents and neighbors to help spread the word.