This past week, the Contractor worked on:
- Installing bricks in new decorative crosswalks on Sherman at Peck and Sanford
Please remember that left hand turns are not allowed at most intersections and signs are in place. Please keep our workers safe and follow all traffic control rules within the construction zone.
Work Anticipated the week of June 7, 2021:
- Continue to install asphalt setting bed for the bricks and then the bricks in the decorative crosswalks on the north side of Sherman
- To maintain good quality, the brick crosswalk installation is taking a little longer than anticipated. Therefore, the traffic shift is now tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, June 8, 2021
- This traffic shift will also include the CLOSURE of Sanford with all traffic being detoured to Baker Street which will be reopened. The traffic signals will change with an All-Way Stop at Baker instead of at Sanford and there will no longer be a stop at Sanford.
- Once the traffic shift is complete, work will progress with pavement removals in the south half of the Peck intersection
- Pavement removals will also occur for the crosswalks on the south side of Sherman at Sanford, Peck, Leahy and Hoyt.
- Work on the northern crosswalks at Sanford, Peck, Maffett, Leahy and Hoyt will continue. As each is completed, turning movements will resume at each of these to/from Sherman.