DeSal Excavating continued installing water main along House Street to a point several hundred feet north of the Belmont Armory driveway. They also completed the water main stub across House St for the Armory.
As of late this week – four (4) weeks after starting – DeSal has installed about 45% of the nearly 9,000 feet of water main in this contract, averaging about 1,000 feet per week.
The first 1,500 feet of water main has been tested and disinfected successfully. The next 2,000 feet of water main is scheduled for testing early next week.
What to Expect Next Week (June 8 – 13)
- DeSal will continue installing water main along the north/west side of House Street. By the end of the week, the water main should be just past Imperial Pine Drive.
- DeSal will continue working with the Plainfield Water Department to pressure test and disinfect the water main.
- Water service stubs are scheduled to be installed starting next week. The water service work will start along Pine Island and will follow the water main crew.
- Water main installation along House Street
- Water main installation complete; begin road reconstruction
- Road reconstruction