Work Completed to This Past Week:
- Topsoil restoration began.
- First layer of asphalt was placed.
- Began adjusting the manhole covers and water valve boxes to the new final elevation.
- Permanent signs installed.
- Work will continue on Saturday, June 3, 2023.
Work Anticipated Week of June 5, 2023:
- Finish raising the manhole castings and valve covers.
- Finish placing top soil – place see and mulch.
- Place final layer of asphalt – Tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, June 6, 2023 – This should be the last item of work except for some cleanup and punchlist work.
Crews will then leave the area to work on other jobs and return the week of July to begin removals on 7th Street between Oakwood and Summit, as well as Amsterdam between Highland and 6th and Summit between 7th & 6th. That work will continue into the fall.