Tree clearing is complete. Some wood remains to be hauled out of the easement between Herrington and US-131. Water main installation along Chandler continued northward, and the first crew is now about at the sharp turn by the highway. Dykema skipped over the section through the low swamp area because that requires a special type of pipe. That pipe is being manufactured and will be shipped to the site soon. The second crew is working northward along Herrington and is nearing Rolling Meadow Drive. See status map. Traffic control along US-131 is in place and Dykema’s subcontractor (Marksman Construction) is ready to install the steel casing under the southbound lanes. The casing pipe is scheduled to be delivered to the jobsite today, and Marksman plans to begin the bore and jack operation early next week. The casing is a 36-inch diameter steel pipe that will get pushed under the highway, and the water main will be installed inside the casing for additional protection both for the water main and for the road.
What to Expect Next Week (May 4 – 9)
- The two Dykema crews will continue laying pipe in Chandler and Herrington. The first crew will be working eastward from the 90-degree bend in Chandler, and the second crew will continue northward in Herrington.
- A third Dykema crew is expected to start installing water main in the easement from Herrington to US-131.
- The Marksman crew will commence bore and jack operations under southbound US-131. Both shoulders of southbound will be closed for this work, but the two travel lanes will remain open.
- During first half of May
- Bore and jack operation to cross under Southbound US-131
- During last half of May
- Bore and jack operation to cross under Northbound US-131
- Early June
- Finish water main along Chandler and across US-131
- Finish water main along Herrington
- During first half of June
- Paving and lawn restoration along Chandler; restoration in private easement and US-131 right-of-way
- During last half of June
- Paving and lawn restoration along Herrington
- July 3
- Project Completion
- Note: Dates are subject to change.